Grants and Scholarships
ACORN QLD are committed to providing funding in a number of categories to assist financial members to undertake educational and research activities that will contribute to the advancement of Perioperative nursing.
- Funding Grant
This grant is available to Perioperative nurses who request funding for assistance to attend a conference, seminar or meeting related to Perioperative nursing. The funding limit of this grant is $1000.
- Research Grant
This grant is available to Perioperative nurses who request funding up to the amount of $5000 to facilitate the conduct of evidenced based research that will advance Perioperative nursing.
- Yari Sivers Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship to honour the memory of Yari Sivers. Yari contributed tirelessly to the advancement of Perioperative nursing and was a committed member of PNAQ Far Northern Branch. The Yari Sivers Scholarship is available to one Perioperative nurse from North Queensland (Mackay, Far Northern and Northern regions) who is currently enrolled in a recognised post basic Perioperative education program. Funding is to the value of $500 towards attending the PNAQ Inc. Annual State Conference.
- Jackie Taylor Memorial Scholarship
This is a biennial scholarship to honour the memory of Jackie Taylor who contributed to the advancement of Perioperative nursing through her commitment to PNAQ, serving as Treasurer, ACORN Representative and ACORN Director. The Jackie Taylor Memorial Scholarship is to the value of $2000 and will be awarded to one Perioperative nurse every two (2) years to assist with their professional development within Perioperative nursing.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be a current active member of ACORN QLD i.e. the applicant must have at least two (2) years of continuous membership of the ACORN QLD (with the exception of the Yari Sivvers scholarship).
- Amount of financial assistance granted shall be in accordance with the specific grant applied for.
- Applications are to be lodged online by the published closing date.
- Applications for funding grants without a specified closing date must be submitted a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to the funding being required to allow sufficient time for consideration of the funding grant.
- Applicants must fully complete the online Application Form and supporting documentation is to be uploaded at the time of the application submission. Alternatively, a hard copy of the application form may be downloaded and posted to the Secretary at GPO Box 2518, Brisbane QLD 4001.
The decision of the ACORN QLD Management Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.