ACORN QLD Inc. is the professional perioperative nursing assoication, facilitating and promoting excellence in safe patient care for all Queenslanders.
To engage and empower our members to advance and promote excellence in perioperative practice through all professional standards.
Our Purpose is to:
- Provide a voice for all perioperative nurses in Queensland
- Provide a professional network and resources to unite perioperative nurses throughout Queensland
- Develop, advocate, lead and nurture perioperative nurses through professional development, education and research opportunities
- Provide expert advise to other professional bodies on issues concerning perioperative nursing practice in Queensland
- Collaborate with national and international professional bodies on matters pertaining to perioperative nursing practice
ACORN QLD now has over 1400 members working in perioperative facilities through Queensland.
Our committee comprises members from all over the state.
We hold our conference biennially on the opposite year to the national ACORN conference. Our next event is our "Agents of Change" conference in Townsville 2-4 May 2019.
Click the ACORN QLD Presentation to learn more about us.